Thursday, June 30, 2011

Clothing BAN

I am on a shopping ban. I cleaned out my closet a few weeks ago and put all of my clothes away, which was kind of startling how many of the same things I have - close to 20 V-Necks, close to 20 tank tops, and the most shocking of all: I own over SIXTY dresses. Six Zero. And at least 5-10 of those dresses have never seen the light of day. Or been worn once. Am I a consumer just to consume? I decided it was time for me to step back from the shopping bags and filter out the extreme amount of stuff I've accumulated. So, no (clothes!) shopping in July. Maybe August too. I am only going to allow myself one new item (If I find one outside of my closeT) and that is a new birthday dress. And maybe one pair of workout shorts. But that is IT.

I'm planning on moving in August into a place with my boyfriend and I'm not planning on taking this crazy amount of crap with me. I'm not sure how I justified to myself I needed all of this stuff, but I was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment